So, the whole new add-on to this cashless era that will make our payments even more convenient is “FASTag”. Do you know what is FASTag or how does it work? If you don’t have any idea about FASTag, then keep reading to know how is it an ultimate benefit for you in many ways:
What is FASTag?
FASTag is an excellent new generation key for your easy payments at toll plazas. Basically, FASTag is a contactless toll collection system allowing cashless payment with the help of RFID, that is, Radio-frequency Identification technology.
Once you affix an effective FASTag on your vehicle’s windscreen, then there will be no need to stop at any of those toll plazas for physical cash payment. You can freely pass through the toll plazas coming on your way.
Who said FASTag is complicated? It is one of the simplest tools to use along with a reloadable tag enabling an automatic deduction of your toll fees from the respective linked bank account.
Also, there is no such hassle to acquire a FASTag! Anyone can obtain a FASTag through any of the 4000+ branches of Axis Bank. And if you don’t want to step out of your home to buy one, then you also have an option to apply online and it will be delivered to you.
FASTag is advertised by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH), National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Still confused about buying a FASTag? Go through the below-discussed benefits to be self-assured:
- Save Both Fuel & Time– When you will operate through RFID, a FASTag will benefit your road-journey by saving both your fuel as well as time.
Tag readers on those toll booths will scan your FASTag that will directly pay your due charges from your linked account.
- SMS Alerts– Whenever you will make a toll payment via FASTag, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number. The SMS will bear all the details of your transaction. This will help you to keep an account of your expenses.
- Online Management– Once your FASTag is activated, it can be linked to a bank account or an e-wallet that means you can re-charged as well as manage your FASTag absolutely online.
- Doorstep Delivery- As FASTag is now mandatory on all the National Highways, Axis Bank is providing an exclusive option to apply FASTag online & get it delivered at your home. Rather, one can also apply for FASTag from any of the 4000+ branches of Axis Bank.
- Easy to Use- You just need to attach a FASTag on the interior pane of your vehicle’s windshield.
The tag scanners equipped in the toll plazas will complete your payments in a contactless method.
Charges Applicable on Axis Bank FASTags:
|Tag Issuance fee (one time)||0 only (inclusive of taxes)
*Free FASTag limited period offer
|Reissuance Fees||100 only (inclusive of taxes)|
|Security Deposit||200 only (inclusive of taxes)|
“To master a technology, you have to play with it”- Jordan Peterson
So, what are you waiting for?
Go apply for your FASTag today!!!